If you find that soap and shampoo don’t lather well, dishes have spots, the bathtub has a ring, laundry looks dingy, and the coffee maker has scale deposits, your home probably has a hard water problem. Hard water is simply water that is rich in minerals such as calcium, magnesium carbonate, and manganese. If so, you might need a water softener. Watersofteners also extend the life of your plumbing and appliances by preventing damaging scale build up & blockages in your space!
Automatic water softening technology for domestic applications has been around from the 1950’s, and although in Malta, all this seems quite new, it is a proven technology which has been in use for well over sixty years. It is of utmost importance that you understand that, while both are useful, and can be used simultaneously in your home, a water softener is completely different to reverse osmosis.
A water softener takes in regular water from the mains and passes it through activated polymers transforming the Calcium (the chemical that builds up in to limestone, known as 'gebla' in Maltese) and transforms it in to sodium (salt). In effect, if the water supply had 1000TDS (Total Dissolved solids) in it, once softened it will still retain all the 1000TDS. This means that no water is drained out or wasted, the only difference is that the hardness ions (Calcium and Magnesium) are exchanged for salt (sodium or potassium).
The unit is commissioned by the Bridgepoint team once set up and connected to the mains. The installer will then check the hardness of the water, and does a one-time set up accordingly, you’re done!
Maintaining the system is easy and affordable. Every couple of weeks (depending on the water used) one needs to top-up the salt pellets within the system. Approximate cost for these are at just €20 for a 25KG bag. Approximate usage for a household with 2 occupants is that of 3 to 4 salt bags per year.
What are the benefits of soft water?
- Eliminates all lime scale form taps, and shower jets, making them last longer, looking and working better.
- Cleaner and shinier silverware, glassware, mirrors, tiles, cars, or any plumbing fixtures.
- Softer skin and clean, smooth hair.
- Reduced soap curd makes cleaning easier and reduces housework.
- Uses less soap and shampoo because of the rich lather softened water and soap produces.
- Softer clothes without hard minerals trapped in the fabric. Fabrics last longer and whites stay whiter without the dingy grey caused by hard water.
- Preserves the life of all water appliances such as coffee machines, ice makers, dishwashers, water heaters and laundry equipment.
- Save money on monthly energy costs and damages to appliances.
Need to say more? Contact our sales team to learn more about our water softener systems on +356 21472241 or visit us in our showroom in Psaila Street, Santa Venera.